Wednesday 16 October 2013

Call off the dogs

The morals police are in full hue and cry in pursuit of newly re-elected Mayor of Auckland, Len Brown. They're trotting out the supposed link between moral purity and professional ability. Not, I strongly suspect, that they ever apply it to themselves.

So here by way of more compassionate perspective is some data.


Whenever I see this sort of mob clamour, I'm also reminded of Abraham Lincoln's response, when scheming rivals wanted Union commander Ulysses S Grant replaced because (they said) he drank too much: "I wish some of you would tell me the brand of whiskey that Grant drinks. I would like to send a barrel of it to my other generals".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi - sorry about the Captcha step for real people like yourself commenting, it's to baffle the bots